Sixth Week of Coding 12th July — 16th July
Hey Everyone, I am back with my weekly blog. Let’s have a look at work done in the 6th week of this amazing journey.
Reimplemented and Completed App Usage Tracking System
Guys actually as stated in the last blog I had completed the app usage tracking system but on discussing with the mentor We come up with a better approach and reimplemented the completed system. There are not very huge changes we just did some changes in the dhis2 storage part. Let’s have a look at how we are tracking the trainer app usage now -
- App usage is now stored in the user’s data store instead of the tracker program.
- For each page, a unique id is assigned with which the page usage is tracked in datastore and in local DB as well.
- There is a local DB support that will store the page usage and when the page usage exceeds the threshold limit for each usage then data will be sent to the dhis2 in the user’s datastore.
- When local app usage storage get synced with the dhis2 user’s data store then local DB will get resettled to store new data.
Passed Pipeline: #338127000
Modified mhbs-tracker app to send login credentials
Since we want the user to enter credentials only once for both the apps and trainer app to be launched from the tracker app. Therefore the idea is, tracker app will share the login credentials with the trainer app on each launch. I had saved the login credentials of the user in secured Shared Prefs and on launching intent of trainer app passed these credentials so that trainer app to process further.
Resolved Issues: #16
Passed Pipeline: #338443846
Removed Fabric usages
The fabric plugin is depreciated and we need to remove its instances from the app.
- Added commits to the previously sent MR as asked by the mentor to make them able to merge. As for testing purposes, I had used the hardcoded credentials, Now I had removed them and fetched the password from secure storage.
- I am not clear with the login procedure of the trainer app. I had studied the codebase and understand it well and made changes in the trainer app accordingly to make the user able to get logged in to the trainer app from the tracker app.
Work Done this Week
- Implemented New Idea suggested by the mentor and Completed the system to get trainer app usage over dhis2.
- Removed Fabric usages from the app as it is depreciated.
- Modified mhbs-tracker app to send login credentials to trainer app for login.
- Added commits to the last MR’s to make them able to merge as suggested by the mentor.
- Completely understand the secure storage and login flow of the trainer app.
Planning of next Week
- Completed all pending work so can focus on new issues. Will be solving more bugs.
- Working on “Need to create a new program stage in dhis2” issue of tracker app.
- Working on #4 issue.
I am not clear with these issue so will try to discuss these issue in the weekend so that can start work from Monday.
- Added System to track app usage (!196) · Merge requests
- Resolved Issues: #36 #120
- Passed Pipeline: #338127000
- Passed user credentials to trainer app for login & Fixed Some Warnings · Merge requests
- Resolved Issues: #16
- Passed Pipeline: #338443846